COVID-19 Update: For the safety of our community and its members all Farmville Baptist Church events and building will remain closed. We have begun to re-gather in person for Worship Services ONLY, within our sanctuary, and we also continue to offer our Worship Services virtually via zoom. For specific guidelines and details on our re-gathering please visit the “On Sunday” page under the Ministry Menu on our church website, or click here.
Our church office is open Tuesday through Thursday from 9:00am to 2:00pm. Although the church office is open, we encourage you to call or email with any needs before visiting to ensure the health and safety of everyone is achieved through proper social distancing and sanitation.
Throughout this time, please know we are working hard to virtually worship, stay connected, and complete mission outreach.
During this time we will continue to offer our Sunday Worship virtually via Zoom for those whom feel most comfortable at home.
Zoom is an interactive platform, so all are able to hear (and mostly) see each other. If you are new to this technology and plan to join via internet, it requires a simple download in advance, and then joining our meeting as scheduled. If you call in via phone, you do not need to do the steps below.
Here are instructions on how to download and prepare to use Zoom via the internet ~ this process takes 5 minutes or less.
1) Go to zoom.us. Click on the tab labeled “Join a Meeting.”
2) You will then a see box that reads “Meeting ID or Personal Link Name.” Click on that box and type in meeting ID 626 833 551 and password 592659, then click “Join.”
3) Your screen should then say “A download should start automatically in a few seconds” and you should see an orange box with an arrow pointing toward a small box in the lower left hand corner of your screen labeled Zoom followed by a string of numbers.
4) Click on this small box (not the big orange one) and follow the instructions to download the application. At the end of the download, click “join” to enter the meeting. Click join with video and join with computer audio (if your laptop or ipad has a camera people will be able to see you, if not they will only be able to hear you, but you can still participate).
5) In the lower left-hand corner of your screen, you will see a tab where you can mute your audio. You will want to have your device muted when you are not speaking.
You may access Zoom via the internet or from any telephone. If you use the internet you will have audio and video, if you call in by phone, you will have audio only.
Here is the specific information for Sunday morning worship, which will be the same every week:
- After the first time you log in, if you are joining via the internet use the following link: https://zoom.us/j/9912345009
Meeting ID: 626 833 551 AND Password: 592659
- If you are dialing in by phone, you do not need to do anything in advance. Simply dial either of these numbers, +1 253 215 8782 US OR +1 301 715 8592 US , then when asked, enter meeting ID: 626 833 551 AND Password: 592659, when asked for a personal ID number, just press the pound key # again.