Starting this Sunday, March 22nd, at 11:00 a.m. we will gather to worship virtually via Zoom. Zoom is interactive so all are able to hear (and mostly) see each other.
If you are new to this technology and plan to join via internet, it requires a simple download in advance, and then joining our meeting as scheduled. If you call in via phone, you do not need to do the steps below.
Here are instructions on how to download and prepare to use Zoom via the internet ~ this process takes 5 minutes or less. Transition Pastor, Dr. Rev. Tracy Hartman, will be on by 10:30am each Sunday for those just signing in for the first time.
1) Go to zoom.us. Click on the tab labeled “Join a Meeting.”
2) You will then a see box that reads “Meeting ID or Personal Link Name.” Click on that box and type in 626 833 551 and click “Join.”
3) Your screen should then say “A download should start automatically in a few seconds” and you should see an orange box with an arrow pointing toward a small box in the lower left hand corner of your screen labeled Zoom followed by a string of numbers.
4) Click on this small box (not the big orange one) and follow the instructions to download the application. At the end of the download, click “join” to enter the meeting. Click join with video and join with computer audio (if your laptop or ipad has a camera people will be able to see you, if not they will only be able to hear you, but you can still participate).
5) In the lower left-hand corner of your screen, you will see a tab where you can mute your audio. You will want to have your device muted when you are not speaking.
You may access Zoom via the internet or from any telephone. If you use the internet you will have audio and video, if you call in by phone, you will have audio only.
Here is the specific information for Sunday morning worship, which will be the same every week:
After the first time you log in, if you are joining via the internet use the following link: https://zoom.us/j/9912345009
Meeting ID: 626 833 551
If you are dialing in by phone, you do not need to do anything in advance. Simply dial either of these numbers, then enter the meeting ID number when prompted.
+1 253 215 8782 US OR +1 301 715 8592 US
When asked, enter this meeting ID: 626 833 551, when asked for a personal ID number, just press the pound key # again.
This is a trial run of this format, so please be patient as we work out any inevitable glitches. We may also try other formats such as broadcasting the service via Facebook live and/or prerecording worship in the sanctuary and posting a link in the weeks ahead.
For those who cannot join worship in this way, we may record the sessions and make DVD’s available.