COVID-19 Update: For the safety of our community and its members all Farmville Baptist Church events and building will remain closed. We will continue to offer our Worship Services virtually via zoom at this time. For specific guidelines and details on our re-gathering please visit the “On Sunday” page under the Ministry Menu on our church website, or click here.
Our church office is open Tuesday through Thursday from 10:00am to 2:00pm. Although the church office is open, we encourage you to call or email with any needs before visiting to ensure the health and safety of everyone is achieved through proper social distancing and sanitation.
Throughout this time, please know we are working hard to virtually worship, stay connected, and complete mission outreach.
We cordially invite you to be our guest this Sunday morning! We hope the following information is helpful to you as you prepare to visit Farmville Baptist.
9:55 am……….Preparation for Worship
Re-Gathering Guidelines and Expectations
In order to help protect the health of all of our members, we are asking everyone to follow the requirements below and have a signed copy of the attached covenant on file with the church office. View our re-gathering covenant here.
We will continue to follow the Governor’s and state leader’s guidelines for reopening the building. Per these guidelines, religious services must strictly adhere to the following requirements:
- Occupancy shall be limited to no more than 50% of the lowest occupancy load on the certificate of occupancy.
- Individuals attending religious services must be seated at least six feet apart at all times and must practice physical distancing at all times. (Family members may be seated together.)
- It is recommended that persons attending religious services be encouraged to wear face coverings over their nose and mouth at all times.
- No items (offering plates, communion plates, etc.) will passed to or between attendees.
- A thorough cleaning and disinfection of frequently contacted surfaces must be conducted prior to and following any religious services.
- Signage shall be posted at the entrance and state that no one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, is permitted in the establishment.
- Signage posted that provides public health reminders regarding social distancing, gatherings, options for high risk individuals, and staying home if sick.
- Separate doors will be used to enter and exit the establishment.
- All interior doors will remain open to limit touching of door handles.
- Sanitizing stations are provided throughout the building, particularly at entry and exit points.
- Choir and congregational singing is SUSPENDED as part of services.
- Use of common items (e.g., pre-printed bulletins, microphones, books, hymnals, scriptural texts) is SUSPENDED to limit sharing between people and they are difficult to clean.
To help us comply with these guidelines, please plan on the following when you come to church:
- ALL will ENTER the church building through the handicap ramp door facing Main Street on the Courthouse side of the building – this is the only door that will be open for building entry.
- There will be a registration table set up just inside the door. Volunteers will take your temperature (via a forehead scan) and sign you in (for contact tracing).
- Maintain social distancing (6’) at all times while in the building, in the parking lot, and while waiting to enter the church.
- Please plan to wear a mask.
- The church office will continue to email the bulletin each week. Please print your bulletin at home and bring it with you. VERY few copies will be available for visitors and those without home printers.
- Pews will be marked with 6’ spacing between seats. Families may sit together, otherwise, please comply with social distancing when choosing your seat.
- After church, ALL will EXIT through the rear of the sanctuary unless you need the ramp for safety or mobility.
We gather for worship in our sanctuary on Sunday mornings starting at 10:55 a.m. We have a “liturgical-traditional” worship style that may be characterized by a thoughtful reverence that still connects to the heart. While you will be encouraged to fill out a guest registration card and a fellowship register during the service, you are under no obligation to do so. We also will not ask you to stand or raise your hand to identify yourself as a guest during the service! We emphasize a Gospel of grace as taught and lived out by our Lord Jesus Christ, and we trust the Holy Spirit to work in your life to respond and live out that Gospel in a way that is uniquely yours. Therefore, we will not try to emotionally manipulate people to “make a decision for Christ” or to feel or respond in a certain way.
Each worship gathering (averaging 15-40 people) is centered on a theme usually based upon the assigned scriptural readings of the Revised Common Lectionary. We listen to hymns from the 1991 Baptist Hymnal accompanied by an organ and/or piano. We follow the Christian calendar and we celebrate the seasons of Advent, Christmas, Epiphany, Lent, Easter and Pentecost.
Even though we’re somewhat “high church,” our worship services also periodically incorporate contemporary songs, dramatic presentations, congregational participatory exercises and other ways to engage the five senses and the whole person. The aim of each worship experience is to re-present faithfully the drama of God’s redeeming work and to inspire worshipers to ascribe worth to God and to join in what God is doing in our world.
While many of our members wear “Sunday clothes,” there is NO dress code. Come as you are!
If you were unable to join us for Worship Service, either in-person or virtually, below are sermon notes from Pastor Tracy that available for you to view, download, or print.