Posted on July 29th, 2012
The following individuals have been elected to serve on the Pastor Search Committee:
- Cindy Cave
- Ken Copeland
- Chuck Daniel
- Kevin Dunn
- Jay Lynn
- Elizabeth Whiley
- Sandy Yeatts
Please keep those individuals in your prayers as we move forward with this very important process.
Posted on July 25th, 2012
Dear Church Family,
I would like to remind you that we have two significant church business meetings coming up in the next two weeks. It is very important to have as many members present as possible at both meetings in order to get the best results in our search for a new pastor. Please make every effort to attend.
This Sunday (July 29th), following worship, we will have a called business meeting for the purpose of nominating candidates to serve on a Pastor Search Committee. Our church constitution provides specific instructions on how that process will be conducted, with the following essentials:
- Every member of the church is free to make one nomination.
- Consent to serve if elected must be obtained before placing the name in nomination.
- At the conclusion of this meeting, nominations are closed.
The following Sunday (August 5th), following worship, we will have another called business meeting to vote on the nominations received. Likewise, this process has a specific procedure:
- A ballot will be prepared with a list of nominees in alphabetical order.
- The ballot will be given to the members at the called business meeting.
- The seven members receiving the highest votes shall constitute the Pastor Search Committee.
- The Search Committee will make a recommendation of its choice of pastor to the church.
Please also keep in mind that our constitution does not make accommodations for absentee voting, therefore only member who are present at the time the ballots are distributed will be able to vote.
Thank you for your continued prayers and participation in our church family during this time of transition and opportunity. If you have any questions regarding the life of our church over the next few months, please do not hesitate to ask.