Posted on August 30th, 2011
On August 28, we had our annual church picnic. This year, it was held at the Gee Price Center of the Fuqua School. We were blessed with a beautiful day, and we had over 100 members, guests and college students attend. Many thanks to Penny Huskey and the Social Committee for organizing the picnic!
For pictures of the picnic . . . Read the rest of this entry »
Posted on August 17th, 2011
As a part of our 175th anniversary celebration, we will be publishing a new pictorial directory! All members, regular attenders, college students and even friends and relatives who are not church members are invited to have portraits made during the week of September 12-16. High Bridge Photography, owned by church members Daniel and Melissa McLemore, will be taking the portraits and assembling the directory. Thank you for your participation and inclusion in this directory!
MAKE-UP Dates for Pictorial Directory Portraits, September 17 and 30, 2011
We have scheduled two pictorial directory make-up days for those who were not able to schedule during last week. The dates are Tuesday, September 27 and Friday, September 30, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Click here to schedule an appointment for an individual or family.
You will receive one free 10 x 13″ portrait of your entire family. Only one sitting and one free 10 x 13″ portrait per family.
No charge for the sitting and no purchase is required. However, you will have an opportunity to purchase extra pictures and packages.
Preparing for your Portrait Session:
- Plan an hour for your session to include: Check-in, Photography and Portrait Viewing and selections.
- Plan to arrive 20 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. This will allow for check-in and any last minute preparations.
- Try to schedule sessions with small children early. Try to avoid scheduling your appointment during naptimes and meal times.
Portrait products will be available for purchase after your session and make nice gifts and keepsakes. We do accept all major credit cards, checks and payment plans are available.
What to Wear:
Decide on the tone and style of your family’s portrait. Formal clothing will provide a traditional look or you may choose a casual look to best fit your family’s style.
- Clothing – Solid, coordinating colors are best. Avoiding busy patterns helps to maintain a timeless look and is less distracting. Make sure you are comfortable – whether it’s casual or formal.
- Hair and Make-up – Avoid cutting your hair or changing your hairstyle right before your session. Apply your make-up as you would normally with special attention to your eyes, as they are the focal point of a portrait.
Posing for the Camera:
- You are encouraged to have fun at your session. We want to capture the real you!
- Feel free to bring anything meaningful with you to your session. Props such as special toys, books, musical instruments and more are encouraged to personalize your portraits.
- Notify your photographer of any special requests and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Generational portraits are allowed and encouraged. Feel free to invite grandparents or other family members and loved ones to join your session for an additional pose (even if they are not church members).
- Remember portraits make wonderful gifts. We also offer a full selection of portrait greeting cards and other gift items such as ornaments, canvases and blankets.
Other 175th Anniversary Information
For more information about our 175th Anniversary, please visit our Anniversary Celebration page on our website!
Posted on August 15th, 2011
“Happy 175th Anniversary, Farmville Baptist Church!”
November 25, 2011, is the 175th Anniversary of the founding of Farmville Baptist Church.
To celebrate this occasion, the church will be having an Anniversary Reunion Celebration on Sunday, October 16.
You are cordially invited to
Farmville Baptist Church’s
175th Anniversary Reunion Celebration
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Continental Breakfast/Social at 9:30 a.m.
Worship Celebration at 11:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary
Reunion Luncheon at 12 noon in the Fellowship Hall
Anniversary Program and Festivities to end by 2:00 p.m.
This page contains the latest updates and announcements regarding our anniversary celebration! After the jump, click the links on the Table of Contents to go to section you want to visit.
Posted on August 6th, 2011
Farmville Baptist partnered with FACES (our local food pantry), the Youth Empowerment Center, and Minister Pamela LaRue to sponsor a Back-to-School event this morning to feed a hot breakfast to over fifty students and then escort them to the Youth Empowerment Center for a anti-bullying program. Afterwards, all the students received school supplies to help them with the beginning of school this Wednesday. This was truly a community effort! The following churches and businesses contributed school supplies and back packs to this event: Apostolic Faith Church of All Nations, College Presbyterian Church, Farmville Baptist Church, Farmville United Methodist Church, Farmville Presbyterian Church, Hampden-Sydney College, Heritage Baptist Church, Mt. Pleasant/Beulah/Mt. Harmony United Methodist Churches, Reclaiming Our Lives Ministry, St. James Orthodox Church and Wal-Mart. We are so thankful that these churches and businesses partnered together to make this event possible!
For pictures, please Read the rest of this entry »
Posted on August 1st, 2011
Pastor’s Column, published in The Informer (FBC Newsletter for August 2011)
“Happy 175th Anniversary, Farmville Baptist Church!” November 23, 2011, is the 175th Anniversary of the founding of Farmville Baptist Church. To celebrate this occasion, the church will be having an Anniversary Reunion Celebration on Sunday, October 16. On that day, we will have a special worship service followed by a reunion luncheon — and everyone is invited! We will ask former pastors and staff to participate in worship, and we hope that former members will also come back for this joyous event!
An anniversary steering committee has been assembled consisting of Sandy Yeatts, Penny Huskey, Peggy Cave, Cindy Cave, Gene Watson, and Jim Davis, and they have already met to begin organizing and planning. Each member of the steering committee is in charge of one aspect of the celebration, and your participation and help in any of the following areas is greatly appreciated!
- Sunday morning worship—Sandy Yeatts
- Luncheon afterwards—Penny Huskey
- History and historical artifacts—Peggy Cave
- Publicity and communications—Cindy Cave
- Contacting former members and alumni—Gene Watson
- Cleaning and preparing the building—Jim Davis
Furthermore, we will have a new 175th Anniversary Celebration Pictorial Directory made. See below for more details.
Finally, as several church members have mentioned to me, while celebrating a 175th anniversary is wonderful, we should not use this occasion to just focus on the past. We should use this event to launch us into our future. Therefore,
throughout our anniversary year, we will have periodic gatherings not only to celebrate and remember God’s faithfulness to us in our past, but also to dream and discern God’s future for us in the next twenty-five years! What a wonderful way to approach this milestone, and I look forward to what God will do during our 175th anniversary year!
Yours in Christ, Michael